Microsoft Online Services
Q: How do I set up my mobile device to work with Microsoft Exchange Online?
A: There are prerequisites:
- On the mobile device, tap Start, tap Programs, and then tap Active Sync.
- Tap Menu, tap Add Server Source, and then enter the mobile device address for your company’s data. See URLs for Microsoft Online Services for the list of valid addresses.
- Select the this server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection check box, and then tap Next.
- In User name, enter your Microsoft Online Services e-mail address. In Password, enter your password, select Save Password, and then tap Next. Leave the domain box blank.
- Select the check boxes for the types of data you want to synchronize, and then tap Finish.
- Your mobile device starts communicating with Microsoft Online Services.
- Use the Outlook Web Access address listed in URLs for Microsoft Online Services.
- If you are using the Blackberry Internet Service, refer to the instructions provided by your wireless service provider.
- Turn on your iPhone, and then tap the Settings icon.
- On the Settings screen, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- On the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, tap Add Account.
- On the Add Account screen, tap Microsoft Exchange.
If you already have an Exchange account on your iPhone, you must delete the first account before you can add this one.
- On the Exchange screen, tap the Email box, and then type your e-mail address.
The address should take this form: [email protected].
- Tap the Username box, and then type your e-mail address again.
Use the complete e-mail address you typed in step 5.
- Tap the Password box, and then type your password.
- Tap the Description box, and then type a description for the account.
By default, the Description box is filled automatically with your e-mail address. You can overwrite this if you want a different description.
- Tap Next.
The iPhone begins verifying the account information. If you receive a Verify Certificate message, tap Accept.
- Tap the Server box, and then type the mobile device URL for your company region. Do not include the https:// prefix with the mobile device URL. For a list of mobile device URLs by region, see URLs for Microsoft Online Services.
If you are not sure which URL applies to your region, open the Sign In application, click the Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access link, and then look at the URL in the browser Address bar. If your Outlook Web Access URL has “apac” or “emea” in it, use the corresponding mobile device URL. If your Outlook Web Access URL has no region code, use the Mobile Device URL for North America.
- Tap Next.
The iPhone begins verifying the new information. If you receive a Verify Certificate message, tap Accept.
- Select the information you want to synchronize, and then tap Done.